"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved... Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." ~President Thomas S Monson



Wednesday, August 26, 2009

THE 5 MINUTE HUG
When I was growing up with my 2 beloved sisters, we used to fight, A LOT! My parents got fed up with it and came up with a situation that actually would make us NOT want to fight. We had to stand in the living room with the sister we were fighting with, and they made us hug for 5 minutes! It was absolutely horrible! I wanted to kill that particular sister at that moment, not HUG them!
When I was young I swore I would never, ever make my children do the 5 minute hug...but I did. My boys wouldn't stop pestering and fighting so I made them hug each other, and they hated it! But guess what...they stopped fighting! Of course just like when I had to do it all the frustration and anger got directed towards the parent but oh well. I know the older they get the more they will hate it, but I can see why my parents loved the 5 Minute hug soo much...
I had peace in my home!!

3 comments:

Doty Family said...

I love it!!! I might steal it!

Long Family said...

Genius!!! I might have to use that pretty quick! My kiddos fight ALL THE TIME!!!! Thanks for the tip!!! :)

AMES said...

Andie - your family is so adorable. I'm glad you found my blog - I love keeping up with you. I would love to get together sometime. I am going to HAVE to try the 5 minute hug. Thanks for the idea! Love ya.