DINO DAY!
Me and Colby both had the day off so we decided to run our children ragged! We took them to the Dinosaur Tracks @ Johnson's Farm. They had so much fun. It was so crazy to see all the different types of tracks, fossils, and different types of things that were found right here! Brenden couldn't believe that he lives where Dino's used to! They have some neat videos to watch about what St George was like back in the dino days and they teach the children (and adults) how these tracks were formed. The coolest tracks were the Swimming Tracks. I didn't get a good picture of them but it's from their claws scrapping the bottom of the lake while they were "fishing".
I can't believe these tracks were found in 2000 and this is the first time I went to see them. Colby did all the drywall work while they were building it. He actually said some of the fossils were so large and heavy they had to build the building around them becuase they wouldn't have been able to get them inside once it was done!
I totally recommend taking your kids here, especially if they are obsessed with Dinos! Well worth every penny we spent!














1 comment:
It is a really cool place. I haven't been there for years. I'll have to take my kids one of these day's. Also, at Deseret Book they have a huge dinosaur book out on the clearance table. I think I paid $4.99 for it and it is awesome. I thought about Brenden when I saw it!
Post a Comment